Bridals at McKinney Falls State Park
We really enjoyed Sarah’s Mckinney Falls State Park bridal session! She wanted a natural theme for her bridals, so the state park was a perfect location! This state park is becoming a very popular place for photography, because it’s one of the best outdoor locations for portraits in Austin. There are many great spots to choose from including a wooded area, grassy field, rocky terrain, and a creek. In the spring there are usually lots of bluebonnets as well! Sarah wore a beautiful high neck low back lace trumpet wedding dress. She had natural toned makeup, and wore her hair in a loose fishtail braid with a delicate jewel headband.
Sarah, you are a beautiful bride and we loved your McKinney Falls Bridal Session! So glad that we can share these images now that you are married!! Check out Sarah and Michael’s wedding at Mercury Hall.
Things to keep in mind when photographing bridals at McKinney Falls State Park:
– Call ahead to ask about photography policies. I heard they have started limiting shoots to weekdays only.
– McKinney Falls now requires a photography permit. You can purchase it in the office at the front of the park when you arrive. Though it sounds daunting, it was a pretty simple process for us.
– Bring/wear bug spray, especially if you are going in the grassy or wooded areas.
– Bring a white sheet or something similar to put under the bride’s dress in case of mud/dirt.
– Park only in designated parking lots. If you park on the side of the road to jump out and take a few photos, you run the risk of getting a ticket!